If you do not have a cargo insurance you may file your claim directly with Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics. Please keep in mind that all claims and/or notices of loss or damage must be filed within the period prescribed by the Bill of Lading or Sea Way Bill and/or applicable law.
Take the following steps:
1. Compile the following documents:
- General statement of the damage together with the amount being claimed.
- Survey report with original photographs or other documentary evidence to show the extent of the damage.
- A copy of both sides of the Bill of Lading or Sea Way Bill issued by Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics or their authorized agent.
- Detailed repair invoice or itemised estimate of repair costs.
- A signed delivery record.
- All correspondence exchanged with Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics or other parties regarding the damage.
- Any other documentation that may assist the examination of your claim.
- Your full address details, telephone numbers and e-mail address.
2. Send the above mentioned documents by postal or courier mail directly to:
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
Main phone: +1 201 307-1300
Attn. Global Claims Processing Department
Main fax: +1 201 307-9740
P.O. Box 1232
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-1232
If you have any questions please contact the Global Claims Processing department as per above.