The Castor Green terminal is WWL's concept for a terminal with zero emissions and minimal environmental impact. By 2020, at least one of WWL's land-based facilities will meet this standard - this is one of the ambitious targets set out in WWL's Castor Green 2020 Vision.
25 of WWL's facilities participate in the Castor Green Programme. This involves bi-monthly reporting on the progress against the seven KPIs compared to a baseline set in 2012.
All sites at which WW has 'operational control', meaning the right to make infrastructure changes, are in the Castor Green Programme.
The Castor Green scale consists of seven KPIs, divided into four areas with a high impact on the environment.
- Proportion of green space on site
- Electricity consumption per working hour
- Energy consumption covered by renewable
- Fuel consumption per working hour
- Reduction in consumption
- Proportion of supply from rainwater
- Reduction in waste to landfill
Click here to learn more about the Castor Green Terminal