Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics history goes back centuries and we plan to continue to contribute to the global logistics industry for centuries to come. We have a responsibility towards our customers, towards the communities in which we live, and towards one another in the company.We believe that the best way to reduce environmental risk and cost is to be an environmental frontrunner. To remain true to this course, our daily activities are guided by a 5-part strategic environmental framework:
- We focus on high impact changes.
- We hold ourselves accountable and transparent in our environmental commitments.
- We seek to exceed our responsibilities today to reduce risk and cost tomorrow.
- We invest in tomorrow's technologies today through new vessel designs and retrofits and supporting early stage technology development.
- We are humble before the challenges we face and recognise we don't have all the answers. Therefore we seek active partnerships with varied stakeholders to develop sustainable solutions.
Responsible logistics is about having a long term view in customer relations, with regards to the environment, on social responsibility and governance. It's about doing our job with the next generation in mind.
This report, together with a more detailed review on www.2wglobal.com, details our progress over the past year, and declares our commitment to the ten principles of the U.N. Global Compact.
Christopher J. Connor
President & CEO
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics